Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Trek On 40 Acres

My apologies to whomever first posted this neat image. I found it sometime ago, put it on my desktop, and then forgot where it came from. I have seen very few color behind-the-scenes stills from STAR TREK, so this caught my eye. It's Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, DeForest Kelley, and Grace Lee Whitney between takes shooting "Miri" on the 40 Acres backlot.

I have an interest in old studio backlots, and it's a shame so few of them are left. 40 Acres in Culver City was the home of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, GOMER PYLE, BATMAN, STAR TREK, HOGAN'S HEROES, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE and many other great shows. In fact, it's kinda fun to see Mayberry show up in other shows; in STAR TREK's "City on the Edge of Forever," Shatner and guest Joan Collins stroll right past Floyd's Barber Shop!

This site has plenty of cool photos of the 40 Acres lot, as used in your favorite TV shows and movies (yep, Tara was there too).

No comments: