Monday, July 02, 2007

More Republican Hypocrisy

When a Democrat is accused (not convicted) of perjury in a scandal involving sex between two consenting adults, he should be impeached.

When a Republican is convicted of perjury in a case where he and his bosses conspired to reveal the identity of an undercover CIA agent, he should receive no jail time.

Do you think this is in the best interest of the American people? 2/3 of the American people say no.

This is, of course, obstruction of justice. It's also an obvious maneuver to keep Libby's mouth shut, a deal worked out in advance to prevent Libby from going public with the fact that he lied to protect his boss Dick Cheney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not even a big political person and I was going to blog about this. You beat me to it. Count me in the 2/3 majority who are shaking their head wondering how this is right.

Marty McKee said...

I guess, when you consider Bush's lack of morals, it makes sense. He's not running for office again, and his approval rating is below 30%, so he doesn't really have anything to lose. I don't think there's anything he can do that could make him less popular here or around the world, so why not do anything he wants? He has never been one to obey laws or ethics. I wouldn't commute Libby's sentence, but I also wouldn't torture American citizens or throw suspected criminals into death camps.