Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Iceman

This is going to be a relatively short review for two reasons. First, this 1972 entry in Pinnacle's Butcher series was not particularly memorable. And second, I read this over my vacation, but I was out of town for awhile and then too lazy when I got home to write about it. Therefore... However, I guess that should tell you what you need to know about BLOOD DEBT.

The Butcher is assigned by his boss at White Hat to find out the identity of The King of Spades, who is using guided missiles to destroy small American towns, and put him out of business. Bucher's quest leads him from Paris to Morocco, where he meets a dimwitted television actress named Twitty Andovin, who turns out to have an unconvincing connection to the criminal plot. I have liked the other Butcher novels I've read, but this one drags and definitely lacks the pulpy thrills of the earlier COME WATCH HIM DIE.

No comments: