Thursday, July 13, 2006

Do Those Dishes!

Here's a test to make sure I can embed video clips on Blogger. If you have a spare 38 seconds, click below to see a trailer for BLACK BELT JONES, one of the craziest, most ridiculous blaxploitation movies of the 1970s. It stars Jim Kelly and his Afro as "Black Belt" Jones, a total badass trying to prevent the Mob from taking his friend's karate studio away. The wild soundtrack is by Dennis Coffey ("Scorpio") and Luchi DeJesus, and director Robert Clouse, who worked with Kelly in the great ENTER THE DRAGON, stages one of the finest kung fu battles in a car wash I have ever seen. For some foolish reason, Warner Brothers has yet to release BLACK BELT JONES on DVD, even though I'm convinced it would move some discs. Thankfully, I have a copy on DVD-R, so I can see some Jim Kelly ass-whippings whenever I feel like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can see my comment without having to log in. Beauty, eh?

John Charles

Anonymous said...

KFA!

Anonymous said...

Who had the best Afro in the 1970s? Jim Kelly's is indeed impressive (practically a weapon unto itself) but I'm still likely to go with Franklin Ajaye in CAR WASH.

Rob

Marty McKee said...

I'm gonna go with Bernie, the red-headed kid from ROOM 222.