Sunday, February 04, 2007

There's A Warm Wind Blowing

I admit it--I'm a sucker for a catchy hook in a pop song, no matter how silly, sappy or stupid said song is. Whether it's rock, pop, bubblegum, commercial jingle, TV theme, whatever, if it's got a bouncy hook and I can "shake me bum" to it, then I'll probably like it.

England Dan and John Ford Coley placed several hits in the Top 40 during the 1970s, but their best was undoubtedly this 1976 single. It may not seem familiar from the title, but I bet you've heard it on the radio at some point. Or on an elevator. Or your dentist's office. "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight" was the opening cut on England Dan (Seals) and John Ford Coley's fourth LP, NIGHTS ARE FOREVER, which also was released in '76. I believe the duo penned the song too.

Put on your headphones and dig the mellow sound of England Dan and John Ford Coley in a clip for the British musical variety series TOP OF THE POPS (I wish I knew who the Richard Harris-looking host was):

No comments: