Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Then I Go And Spoil It All

What was the #1 pop song in the United States the day you were born?

I hope there's no significance attached to the answer. Because my #1 single is:



"Somethin' Stupid" by Frank and Nancy Sinatra! It was Ol' Blue Eyes' first gold single, and was the first time that a father/daughter duet went all the way to #1. It stayed at #1 for four consecutive weeks before The Supremes knocked it off with "The Happening" (not one of that Motown group's best songs).

How about you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little Donny Osmond for me. Not nearly as cool as Frank.

Anonymous said...

I've got the same song as yourself. At least according to the US charts. The UK charts had "Puppets on a String" by Sandie Shaw. No idea what it was in Canada.

Trixie said...

"Papa Was A Rolling Stone" by The Temptations in the US and "My Ding-A-Ling" by Chuck Berry in the UK. Not bad at all....

Neil Sarver said...

"One Bad Apple" by The Osmonds.

And while I'll agree the Sinatras are cooler than the Osmonds, by some distance, I do like "One Bad Apple" better than "Somethin' Stupid".

Anonymous said...

"To Sir With Love" by Lulu - sweet!

Uncle Larry said...

Aquarius--The 5th Dimension

Far out.