Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yuck

Sorry I've been slow to post recently. I haven't been feeling well. I had a root canal on Wednesday morning, and, as a result, I have been suffering from an intense toothache. I went to Walgreens with a prescription Thursday morning for antibiotics and pain medication, but I don't think it worked at all. They told me that it might take 24--48 hours for the medicine to kick in, and they were right. Thursday and Friday I stayed home from work. I couldn't read or write, I could barely stare at the TV, it just hurt to much to concentrate on anything. I slept only an hour or so at a time. The pain also made me feel nauseous, so I couldn't eat very much (I was only eating soup and soft cheese cubes anyway), and I had a bad headache on Friday too, maybe due to stress.

I was a little better Saturday, although I still felt a little discomfort and had to again be sure not to chew anything on that side. Cheeseburger and Shark Hunter came down for food and drinks and crappy movies, so I ended up having lunch at Dos Reales, supper at Famous Dave's and lunch today at Courier Cafe. Plus, we laughed at some junk movies, like the notorious 1982 box-office flop MEGAFORCE ("Remember, the good guys always win. Even in the '80s."), the gory Italian CONAN ripoff CONQUEST and the direct-to-video SHARK ATTACK II, since we almost always have to watch a killer-shark movie.

I feel better today, except now I have some type of itchy rash on my hands and feet. I wonder if it might be a result of the medication, maybe an allergy or something. Well, it's better than that toothache, which felt like somebody was squeezing my tooth with a pair of pliers.

2 comments:

katie said...

are you sure those are the only places that rash is? you know there are antibiotics for that rash right?!

thanks for the crappy movies and eating out with us - glad you were feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I thought I read somewhere you shouldn't watch MEGAFORCE on a toothache...

Jim K